The Starving Artist is gonna keep this post real simple. Sometimes your day just blows up, and all you're thinking is, "Screw it, I need some f-ing cookies." So you prowl through the cabinets, scrape together whatever ingredients you have on hand, and end up with these Super Simple Peanut Butter Cookies. Sometimes life sucks, but these cookies don't.
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set this aside, too. Life kinda sucks today, so we're setting a lot of things aside.
- Now, setting aside whatever is pissing you off, grab a large mixing bowl, and using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
- Next, add in the peanut butter and continue mixing until well combined while contemplating a more peaceful state of mind, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed, then mix in the egg and vanilla extract until fully combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Now that you're feeling a little better, place the 1/4 cup of granulated sugar in a small bowl. Scoop out a golf ball sized wad of dough from the bowl, roll into a ball, and coat in the granulated sugar. Place each ball of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet, making sure to leave a little room between each one. Gently press down with a fork on the top of each cookie to make a small criss-cross pattern.
- Finally, bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- And Boom! You're in a better mood, and you also have cookies.