If you're anything like the Starving Artist, you've had it with the endless Go! Go! Go! of the holidays, and you've also had enough wine, egg nog, and other adult beverages to greatly exceed your recommended daily allowance for a lifetime. Now you're dying to sober up, and make some sense of the once-a-year awkward family conversations you've just waded through. Lucky for you, I have the solution. Hole up, hide away from family, curl up with a good book or some binge-worthy TV, and get your head right with this amazing hot cocoa mix.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 & 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, milk powder, salt, cornstarch, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Whisk to mix well, then store for future use.
- To serve, add 3-4 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix to 8 ounces of hot water or milk. Stir to combine.