Life has been pretty uneventful for the Starving Artist of late, what with the broken leg and all. As a result I've got very little to share, other than this amazingly simple and delicious Egg & Pepper Sandwich. It's been my go to comfort food the last few weeks, and I think you'll like it too.
- 2 Ciabatta rolls
- 1 medium onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Toast the Ciabatta buns if desired, then cut the bell peppers and onion into strips and set aside.
- Next, crack the eggs in a mixing bowl, then add the Romano cheese, salt, pepper, and basil, then whisk.
- Now, heat a nonstick pan on the stove over medium heat. Add the oil, peppers, and onions, and cook until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and remove from heat.
- Finally, add the egg mixture to the pan and return to the heat. Lightly scramble, fold, then serve on your Ciabatta rolls.